School for Talents Annual Program
Get to the bottom of things with like-minded peers
School for Talents brings together exceptional students who want to explore new concepts beyond their own disciplines. The annual program addresses students who perform at the top of their class, who are curious and motivated to go the extra mile.
The format is based on the principles of the “Stuttgarter Weg”. This guiding concept of networked disciplines at the University of Stuttgart encourages cross-disciplinary collaboration, an approach that is also central to School for Talents. All projects aim to question the status quo and to come up with new answers in teams. The varied School for Talents programs offer room for students to get involved actively and welcome a high level of personal initiative. The program is designed as a space in which our participants can thrive both personally and professionally, a place where individual talents are recognized and promoted.
FAQs: Application for the Annual Program
- thrive in academic settings
- you want to get to know peers from other disciplines who share your curiosity
- you seek the opportunity to expand your (professional) horizon, and to build new skills
- you want to become part of an interdisciplinary university network that values collaboration and knowledge exchange
- benefit from workshops, excursions, and community-events. You can find an overview of different School for Talents activities in our news and events section on our landing page
- boost your project and teamwork skills by working on a self-chosen topic within the framework of our annual theme
- meet stakeholders from science, society, politics and culture and have the chance to pick their brains
- be able to contribute to the program by bringing forward ideas of your own
- have the possibility to obtain 3 ECTS upon completion of the program
- current enrollment at the University of Stuttgart (Bachelor and Master Students), all disciplines welcome
- grades above average
- social commitment, volunteer activities, or similar engagements
- willingness to contribute to our program over a period of one year, and have the student status during this time
- very good English skills, program language is English
In a typical month, you will dedicate approximately 8-10 hours towards the program. This includes official appointments organised by the program's team, and group sessions with your team.