- Online lectures by Prof. S.S. Sazhin: Monday, 1st of March 2021 10:00-12:00 & 14:00-15:00, Tuesday, 2nd of March 2021 10:00-12:00
- Job vacancies: 3 Ph.D. positions on “Droplet Interaction Technologies
- postdoc position at the University of Bergamo, in coorperation with DROPIT
- International graduate college "Technologies for Drop Interactions" (DROPIT) is funded for a further four and a half years
- Upcoming Events of the Collaborative Research Center 1313
Several Courses on Interface-Driven Multi-Field Processes in Porous Media
Team and Institutes
The International Research Training Group (IRTG) DROPIT is a collaboration between the universities of Stuttgart, Bergamo and Trento. The IRTG has fifteen principal investigators. Around 15 doctoral researchers and several postdoctoral researchers are currently working together to solve droplet dynamics problems.
DROPIT is a research training group focusing on the study of droplet interaction phenomena. The objective is to understand how micro-scale transport processes affect macroscopic flow properties in three thematic research areas (TAs): drop-gas interaction (TA-A), drop-wall interaction (TA-B) and drop-liquid interaction (TA-C). A key feature is the interdisciplinary approach, which envisages the synergic integration of experimental (X-ray micro-CT, micro-PIV), numerical (DNS, discontinuous Galerkin schemes, Direct Simulation Monte Carlo), and analytical methods (heat and mass transfer models for evaporation, interactions).
The qualification programme fosters the development of each doctoral student into an independent researcher. Specialised courses impart knowledge in droplet-related topics, while soft skill courses train the doctoral researchers to conduct and present their research in an effective way. Visiting researchers and an international summer school complement the courses.